160 Great South Road, Takanini, Auckland
An open family of believers seeking to follow Jesus Christ and live out His teaching while we watch for His return.
Click for the Takanini Community Church Blog and our Facebook Page
Our Vision & Action Commitment as a Church Family:
- We worship God with passion, as a lifestyle choice, and love one another in practice.
- We teach, equip and disciple through sound Biblical theology with practical, personal application.
- We welcome and incorporate all people, and develop each person’s gifts, to build the Body of Christ and benefit the wider community.
- We share the Gospel of Life in Christ in all ways possible – especially through our personal networks.
- We have a local, national and international community focus, rather than a self-focus.
- We do all this in obedience and with an expectation of Christ’s return to reign as King.
- Garry Schäche elder, worship leader, youth
- Jim Burge deacon
- Glenise Burge deaconess, secretary, treasurer
- Tarnya Wessels deaconess
- Matthew Flannagan teaching pastor
- Ernie Schache elder, missions
- We meet Sunday mornings to worship God and encourage one another in our Christian walk.
- Our service style is not too formal, but neither is it irreverent.
- Our music is a blend of traditional hymns, classic choruses and contemporary worship songs.
- Our Bible teaching is expositional, practical and drawn from a variety of Old and New Testament texts.
- We celebrate Communion weekly and on special occasions (Easter, Christmas etc). Our table is ‘open’ – if you love Jesus you are welcome to join with us.
- We encourage children to be involved in our Service. Our children participate in reading the Scriptures, playing in the Worship Team, sound engineering, drawing activities etc as we worship together.
- After the service we meet for fellowship and morning tea in the lounge at the rear of the church hall.
• We have two ‘Crying Rooms’ with windows facing into the sanctuary. They are equipped with toys if you would like to sit with your children as they play. There is an adjustable speaker in each room and in the entrance lobby so you can also hear the service.
• We have a crèche available by request for children and port-a-cots are available in an upstairs nursery. (ask one of the mums…)
• We have wheel chair access via the hall entrance on the outside left of the church.
• We have a library to the left inside the church hall. Please feel free to browse. You may need to request access.
During the week
- 10:00 a.m. Worship and Communion time commences.
- 12:00 p.m. B.Y.O. Picnic Lunch together in the church lounge – on the 1st Sunday of each month.
- 7:00 p.m. Family Movie Night in the church lounge, 3rd Friday monthly. Complimentary coffee/tea, gold coin koha cakes, soft drinks available for sale – All proceeds to Christian Screen Charitable trust. There is NO CHARGE for viewing the movie. Check out what movie is screening here.
- “SOME Youth Group” meets most Saturdays for various activities including studies, community service and entertainment. Contact Garry for details
- Our membership of ACCONZ reflects our foundational belief that eternal life is found only in Jesus Christ, in his death for our sins, in his rising again, and particularly in the hope of his coming again.
- We have leaflets available on these and other issues.
Phone: 09-298 7882
or fill in the form below
Missionaries We Support
Cliff & Leonie Ireland
- Cliff & Leonie are Takanini Church members, and manage a ministry and charitable trust called Christian Screen – resourcing video and DVD libraries in the Pacific Islands and the Philippines and in Hamilton and Thames.
John & Maeo Middlewood
Following regular Bible study meetings held in a Takanini home, it was decided in 1949 to hire a hall and begin Sunday morning meetings and Sunday school. Two years later, a building was constructed and services began. The Church still worships in the original building, though it has been added to over the years.